rice krispie treats
This post is dedicated to Sophie.
Another couple we know moved in together last weekend and their housewarming party is tonight and I decided to make rice krispie treats because like OMG how cute and retro and ironic are rice krispie treats and how cute and retro and ironic that everyone is moving in together and trying not to let the basil plant they bought at Trader Joe’s die in the windowsill and talking about getting a kitten and becoming their parents. So I made some rice krispie treats and took pictures of them on Hipstamatic and now I’m going to go try to talk my boyfriend into getting this gorgeous oatmeal tweed 70’s sectional sofa at Housing Works.
Rice krispie treats:
- 1/3 cup butter
- 10 oz bag marshmallows
- 5 cups rice krispies
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Melt the butter over low heat in a nonstick pot, stirring constantly.
- Add marshmallows and continue stirring constantly until they’re melted and the mixture is smoothly blended.
- Add cinnamon.
- Remove from heat, stir in rice krispies.
- Transfer to a 9x9 dish (preferably this adorable pink vintage one) and press into the dish with your hand (from the secret Paula Deen tips&tricks file: butter your hand first so the mixture doesn’t stick to it.)
- Let cool, then slice into shapes like squares, triangles, moustaches or dinosaurs. Enjoy ironically.